There are a lot of options available in the market in case of child care providers. But, since it is the most adorable member of the family, that is, your child, you need to be very cautious while making this decision.
The below-mentioned factors are the most essential to be kept in mind for the safety, security and growth and development of the child according to www.weewatch.com:
1. Basic Considerations
The most basic points that are required to be analyzed are the best safety and healthcare practices, well-trained staff, and the best learning environments as per the child’s age.
2. Staff-to-Child ratio: An Optimal ratio is required to be maintained between the number of staff and children. This is necessary in order to provide individual attention to every child and increase in the frequency of one-to-one interactions between them. Infants require more attention and so, 4:1 ratio should be maintained between the staff and infants.
3. Primary Caregiver: This is one such person to the child, who provides all the care and takes all the responsibilities of the child. This person should have a unique and calm and composed temperament to respond to the needs of the child.
4. Learning Curriculum: The full day activity of the child should comprise of activities pertaining to cater to the children of different ages in a distinctive manner. There should be a proper structure to the learning activities, materials used, staff and family members’ role, and experiential learning for the child.
5. Family Support and Involvement: Children that come to a particular child care center come from different family backgrounds and geographical locations. So, it is really important to respect the cultural differences and try to work at par with the family needs.
6. Literacy: It is a proven fact that the early age child care centers sow the seeds of learning in the children. So, to make them accustomed to the learning practices, the caregiver needs to read aloud, sing songs and ask questions in all respects to the child.
7. Service Support: These centers act as a support to the child’s family in terms of growth and development of the child. Also, since they share the responsibility, so, they are to be treated as an important part of this growth.
For a detailed understanding, watch the video: